Viva Fresh Scholarship Application
Objective of the Scholarship
The program will provide one-year scholarships to family of TIPA members, Viva Fresh exhibitors & sponsor companies for students who intend to pursue a degree or certification program relevant to the fresh produce industry.
Mission of the Scholarship
Allow all scopes and job areas that could be of benefit of the fresh produce supply chain to apply, not only the traditional agriculture degrees.
Purpose of the Scholarship
Support the broad range of skills and job functions needed by the next generation of fresh produce professionals.
Details of the Scholarship
- The amount of the scholarship is $2,000 per recipient ($1,000/semester)
- Applicant must plan to obtain a degree or certification from a college/university/vocational school that can be applied to the produce-industry supply chain.
- If pursuing a bachelor’s degree; must be enrolled in 12+ hours of course work.
- Applicant must be a high school senior or presently enrolled in a college/university/vocational school.
- High school applicants and college applicants must have maintained a minimum of 2.5 GPA or higher.
- The deadline for submitting applications is July 31st.
For more information, contact:
Texas International Produce Association
Attn: Viva Fresh Scholarship Committee
901 Business Park Drive, Suite 500 Mission, Texas 78572